National Accepted Students Day
Join thousands of fellow accepted students!
Monday, November 30, 2020, 2:00-6:00 PM ET
You did it! You compiled all your application materials. Polished (and re-polished, and re-re-polished) your personal statement. You got through your interviews. You’ve now been accepted into medical school, and you did it through circumstances so unanticipated, you’ll be telling stories about it for years to come.
You deserve to be celebrated. And that’s exactly what we want to do.
To honor your achievement, we’ve put together our first EVER national event to recognize your hard work and dedication. There will be guest speakers including NASA’s Chief Medical Officer, a Q&A with some of our Deans, and an online happy hour, where you can chat with some of our current students.
The event will be held Monday, November 30, and we’d love it if you could attend.
We want to celebrate your achievements and personally connect with you. Share your achievements on social by tagging us on Instagram @AACOM_DO and our event scrubs provider, @jaanuubydrneela. Use both #ChooseDO #JaanuuChallengeAccepted. Two lucky posts will win a free pair of scrubs from our event partners at Jaanuu! Winner will be announced live during the event, must be present to accept award.
- 2:00pm ET: Keynote address from NASA’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. JD Polk, and three other NASA physicians Dr. Richard Scheuring, Dr. Ronak Shah who serves as the Medical Director of the Johnson Space Center Clinic, and Dr. Benjamin Johansen.
- 3:00pm ET: Q&A with the Deans
- 4:00-4:15pm ET: Words of WisDOm with physicians
- Dr. Mirtha Macri, DO, Emergency Medicine physician. Starred on Netflix’s Lenox Hill
- Dr. Carisa Champion, DO, JD, MPH. General Surgery Resident, medical advisor and surgical communications fellow for the hit TV show Grey’s Anatomy
- Dr. Tyree Winters, DO, Pediatrician, more fondly known as “The Hip Hop Doc”
- Dr. Shinban Liu, DO, NYU Langone General Surgery Residency graduate and current Emory University Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellow
- Dr. Nii Darko, DO, Surgeon & host of Docs Outside the Box Podcast
- Dr. Renee Volny Darko, DO, Obstetrician/Gynecologist. When she’s not delivering babies or doing surgery, she specializes in empowering pre-meds with strategies to optimize their chances of getting into medical school!
- Dr. Nicolet Finger, DO, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Resident.
- Dr. Vania Manipod, DO, Psychiatrist, speaker, writer, and motivator.
- Dr. Adam Goodcoff, DO, Emergency Medicine Resident, Founder & CEO of The Med Life, and Assistant Vice Chair of the Education Committee at the Emergency Medicine Residents Association (EMRA).
- Dr. Alyssa Cole, DO, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Cancer Fellow
- Dr. Peter Nesbitt, DO MSMEd Interventional Radiology, Student Doctor Alison Nesbitt, and their famous pup, Dogtordoodle
- 4:15-4:45pm ET: Words of WisDOm & live Q&A with Dr. Champion
- 4:45-5:00pm ET: Introduction of the Sherry Arnstein Scholarship for incoming medical students
- 5:00pm ET: Social Hour with current medical students